Spring is here and Easter is upon us! If you’re starting your weekend early with a boat ride today, this is a perfect salad to take along for a sunset picnic. A little wine or sparkling mocktail (my preference these days) and some crackers on the side are my favorite way to enjoy. Wishing everyone a peace and sunshine filled weekend ahead. Gumbo Love, LuLu
Makes 6 to 8 servings
3 pounds LuLu’s Perfect Peel and Eat Shrimp (see recipe below), peeled and chopped into medium to large pieces
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped red onion
½ cup chopped green onions
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon LuLu’s Crazy Creola Seasoning (or other Creole seasoning of your choice)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring gently.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
LuLu’s Perfect Peel and Eat Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
1½ – 2 gallons water
1 cup LuLu’s Perfect Pepper Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of your choosing)
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1½ cups liquid Zatarain’s crab and seafood boil (or crab boil of your choice)
1 3-ounce bag Zatarain’s dry crab and seafood boil (or crab boil of your choice)
5 bay leaves
½ cup LuLu’s Crazy Creola Seasoning (or Creole seasoning of your choice)
1/4 cup salt
2 – 3 pounds large headless shrimp with shells
1. Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a large stock pot. Bring to a full rolling boil.
2. Add shrimp. Cook for two minutes.
3. Turn off heat and cover for one minute. Drain shrimp in a colander and place a layer of ice on top to stop cooking process.
4. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Drain and refrigerate.