Wonderful recipe for a hot southern day. Made with Gulf Shrimp for the best results! Enjoy
Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 pounds poached wild-caught Gulf Shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, seeded jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus 1/4 cup for serving, if desired
- Juice of 5 limes (about 1 cup)
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 2 limes, quartered (optional)
- Chop the shrimp into thirds or bite-size pieces, or leave them whole if you prefer, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the red onion, celery, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, white pepper, and sugar and stir well.
- Transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight. While the mixture marinates, occasionally turn the container to evenly coat the shrimp in the liquid.
- Transfer the shrimp and liquid to a glass bowl to serve or divide among eight martini glasses. If desired, garnish with avocado, cilantro and lime.